For Immediate Release: March 2, 2018
Due to inclement weather and power outages, the following Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities facilities and programs are impacted.
The following facilities are closed until further notice and all programs have been cancelled for Friday, March 2:
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility
- William Ramsay Recreation Center
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center
- Jerome “Buddie” Ford Nature Center
- City Marina Public Piers
- City Fields and ACPS School Grounds
Afterschool and evening activities, including youth basketball practices, are canceled at the following locations:
- George Washington Middle School
- Francis C. Hammond Middle School
- Jefferson-Houston School
- John Adams School
- George Mason Elementary School
- Douglas MacArthur School
- Maury School
- James K. Polk School
- Charles Barrett Recreation Center
For up to date Recreation facility closures and program cancellations, visit www.alexandriava.gov/28982.
For additional information and to register for recreation programs, Spring Break camps, Summer camps and Winter classes and activities, visit www.alexandriava.gov/Recreation.