Location: 3909 Bruce Street
Project: Park and Playground Renovation
Funding: Capital Improvement Program, Playground Renovation and RunningBrooke
Start Date: Fall 2018
End Date: Summer 2019
Contact: To email the Project Manager, click here
The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities PARKnership program and RunningBrooke have partnered to improve the Four Mile Run Park playground. Improvements to the playground will include updated play equipment for all ages and abilities, site furnishings, plantings, shade trees, and accessible pathways. As recommended in the Four Mile Run Park Improvement Plan the playground will be moved slightly closer to Bruce Street and the sport court.
- October 2019: Volunteers will plant new trees and perennials. The new picnic table area will be complete.
- September 2019: The new playground is expected to open in early September. A ribbon cutting ceremony is scheduled for September 14, 8:30 a.m. with RunningBrooke and City Council
- August 2019: The playground is 90% complete. Play equipment, surfacing, and drainage systems have been installed. New pathways are underway. We plan to remove the old playground in late August. During this time, other nearby playgrounds that are open include Hume Springs Park (101 Dale Street) and Cora Kelly School (after school hours).
- April 2019: Click here to view the playground renovation concept plan (English and Spanish). We will hold an informational Open House on May 1 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at the playground. A volunteer playground build sponsored by RunningBrooke is planned for June.
- August 2018: As we begin the design process, we want to hear from you. What can be improved? What is the priority? Please take this survey (Spanish version available here). Your input through this survey will help inform design decisions. The public comment period will be open until the end of September 2018.