RPCA at HOME VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING
Looking for ways to challenge your mind and body while connecting with your community? Virtual programming options are now available! Enjoy free performances, fitness classes, poetry readings, speaker series, and activities for youth. New scheduled and on-demand programs are being added regularly,
so check back often.
SCHEDULED AND LIVE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING
ON-DEMAND VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING
Be Enchanted About Reading: Dress up in your best costume! Grab an instrument and sing along to your favorite songs or listen to your favorite stories and be enchanted about reading! Great for children ages 1 to 5 years.
Lil Pro Sports: Have a budding athlete at home looking to burn off some energy indoors? Learn the fundamentals of throwing and swinging in a bat in the baseball-themed program, for ages 3-6.
Storytime for Preschoolers: Enjoy a reading of a series of short stories called "Ready. Set. Raymond."
Outdoor Fitness Ideas: Personal trainers share outdoor fitness ideas for all exercise levels. Learn to use benches and stairs in place of fitness equipment.
Boxercise: Metropolitan Washington Boxing Hall of Fame Inductee Tony "The Beast" Suggs demonstrates a fun fitness routine to improve cardiovascular health and core strength.
Chinquacircuit: Complete a full body workout in just 25 minutes. Learn exercise adaptations to optimize the workout for your comfort level.
Strength Training at Home: No equipment required! Build strength in your living room using only a chair, a hand towel and a bottle of water.
Zumbata en Espanol: Have fun getting fit with this high energy combination of Zumba and Tabata in both English and Spanish.
Yoga at Home: Feel the stretch and breathe. New to yoga? This is a great place to start in the comfort and safety of your home. For beginners of all ages.
Body Part Aerobics: Stay fit with daily routines that can be used with everyday objects found in your home. It's great for all ages and fitness levels.
Health and Wellness Tips: Learn tips to stay safe and healthy while maintaining physical distance and social connectivity.
PROGRAMS FOR YOUTH:
- Abrakadoodle Splat Doodle invites kids to participate in a weekly art challenge.
- RunningBrooke's MOVE2LEARN-AT-HOME series provides quick and fun ways to get active so school-aged kids will feel better, do better, and learn better.
- Learn Now Music: Online group music classes for ages 5-12. Rental instruments are delivered to your home.
Contact us today for more info.
- Go Bananas Dancing for ages 2-12.
- Let's Move & Play Ballet: Best for ages 2-6.
- Dinosaur Dance: Warm up, stretch and be silly with Ms. Susannah! March, hop, move like a dinosaur, and more! Best for ages 2-6.
- Rainbow Dancing Scavenger Hunt: Learn about ROYGBIV and dance as you look around your home for objects that are a color in the rainbow. Best for ages 2-10.
- Dance Obstacle Course: Create your own obstacle course full of steps in Ballet, Jazz and Physical Fitness. Best for ages 3-12.
- Movement Storytime: Listen to a springtime story then dance like the characters in the book. Best for ages 2-6.
PROGRAMS FOR ADULTS:
- Essentrics dynamically combines strengthening and stretching to help adults develop a strong, toned body with the complete ability of moving each joint and muscle freely and with full range of motion.
- Gladiator FItness' Sarge Virtual Bootcamp
- Cardio: In this full-body dumbbell workout, perform 3 rounds of each group of exercises for 40 seconds followed by 20 second rest period. Best for ages 14-65.
- Full Body and Cardio: This is a full-body EMOM (every minute on the minute) workout where each exercise is performed for the prescribed number of repetitions, with rest the remainder of time until next minute begins. Appropriate for all ages.
- FirstServe Tennis: Can you complete the 2,020 Hits in 2020 challenge? Unable to get to a tennis court but still want to work on your skills?