Modified Park Rental Process for Alexandria Private Fitness and Exercise Businesses During COVID-19 Response
To support Alexandria businesses through the “Forward Virginia” Reopening Phases, RPCA developed a modified park rental process. Alexandria fitness businesses will have access to specific public park sites to offer outdoor fitness services. Through a modified park rental process, interested businesses would submit a rental form to reserve use of one of the following sites:
- Lee Center Open Spaces – lawn in front and field in back (1108 Jefferson St.)
- Old Town Pool Lawn – no availability Mon. or Thurs. mornings (1609 Cameron St.)
- Lenny Harris Memorial Field at Braddock Park (1005 Mount Vernon Ave.)
- Braddock Interim Open Space lawn area (600 N. Henry St.)
- Chinquapin Park – field across from picnic area and practice field off Loop Rd. (3210 King Street)
- Ben Brenman Park – picnic area and farmers market area (4800 Brenman Park Dr.)
These designated spaces will be available for fitness and exercise classes between the hours of 7 and 11 a.m. and 4 and 7 p.m. by reservation on a first come, first served basis. RPCA will waive the hourly rental fee for private businesses. A maximum of 2 hours per day and up to 14 hours per week will be permitted for each request(or). Rental request forms are available online, can be submitted by email to RegisterARPCA@alexandriava.gov. Reservations must be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance of park use.
All other requirements for “Forward Virginia” must be met, including physical distancing requirements. RPCA staff will reserve the site and post reservation signage. All rentals must provide hand sanitizer for participants and must ensure that the area is left clean of any debris.