City of Alexandria Recreation Registration Update
For Immediate Release: July 21, 2020
Registration for August classes and activities offered by the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities (RPCA) will begin at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 22 for city residents and Friday, July 24 for nonresidents. Programs are available for ages 6 months through adult in a variety of interests.
For Toddlers and Parents:
- Soccer Tots for ages 2 to 5 years
- Lil Pro Sports for ages 3 to 4 years
- Lil Lacrosse for ages 3 to 5 years
- Pre-Ballet with Go Bananas for ages 3.5 to 5 years
- Tap n’ Ballet for ages 6 to 8 years
- Nerf Fencing for ages 6 to 10 years
- Ballet for ages 6 to 12 years
- Restaurant Creation for ages 6 to 12 years
- Cooking Around the World for ages 6 to 12 years
- Drums! for ages 6 to 12 years
- Groovy Guitar for ages 6 to 12 years
- Roblox Imaginative Game design for ages 6 to 14 years
- Science Magic for ages 7 to 11 years
- Basketball Ball Handling Skills with Coach Tee for ages 7 to 12 years
- Skateboarding for ages 7 to 14 years
For Teens and Adults:
- Parkour for ages 13 years and older
- Hula Hoop Fusion for ages 18 years and older
- Jazzercise for ages 18 years and older
For Families and All Ages:
- Family Water Safety Lessons for ages 6 months and older
- Individual Swim Lessons with WeAquatics for ages 4
years and older
Summer Camp registration is also still being accepted. Out of School Time Full Day Modified Summer Camps take place daily through August 14, Half Day Summer Fun Camps take place August 3-14, and Friday Fun Days take place each Friday in July. Visit alexandriava.gov/116332 for more information.
School Year Out of School Time after school programs will be announced once Alexandria City Public Schools confirms their schedule. RPCA will then make the necessary programmatic adjustments and provide information about after school program options.
All health guidelines for staff and participants will be met, including symptom screening, use of face masks, enhanced cleaning, and physical distancing protocols specified for each type of program. To ensure the safety of participants and prevent the spread of COVID-19, indoor locations will have limited capacity.
Register online at alexandriava.gov/Recreation. For in-person registration, call the Registration and Reservation Office at 703.746.5414 to schedule an appointment. Additional program information will be provided after registration.
# # #
This release is available at alexandriava.gov/116804.