The OSTP Modified Summer Camp program is designed with limited capacity to ensure the safety of participants and prevent the spread of COVID-19. OSTP Modified Summer Camp programs for children entering first through sixth grades in fall 2021 will be available at recreation centers and school locations. An OSTP Modified Summer Camp for Middle School youth entering sixth through tenth grades in fall 2021 will be offered at one location. OSTP Modified camps are open to City residents only and are designed to meet the needs of essential workers (such as those in health care, retail, food services, government, etc.) who cannot work from home and will have limited options for child care. Priority will be given to families who qualify for financial assistance.
Applicants are required to verify eligibility by completing an OSTP Modified Summer Camp Pre-registration Eligibility Form. Beginning March 24, printed forms will be available for pickup and drop-off at the following locations:
- Lee Center Registration and Reservation Office, 1108 Jefferson St. (703.746.5414)
- Charles Houston Recreation Center, 901 Wythe St. (703.746.5552)
- Leonard "Chick" Armstrong Recreation Center, 25 West Reed Ave. (703.746.5554)
- Mt. Vernon Recreation Center, 2701 Commonwealth Ave. (703.746.5556)
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center, 4653 Taney Ave. (703.746.5557)
- William Ramsay Recreation Center, 5650 Sanger Ave. (703.746.5558)
The OSTP Modified Summer Camp Pre-registration Eligibility Form must be submitted by Wednesday, April 7. All eligible families submitting a pre-registration form by Wednesday, April 7, will be placed in a computerized lottery, randomly selecting the order of eligible applicants and generating a wait list if needed. Once the pre-registration process is complete, any remaining openings will be filled using general online only registration beginning on Wednesday, April 21, at 9 a.m.
For additional information, call the Registration & Reservation Office at 703.746.5414.