Program & Activity Registration Information
- Registration Options
- Registration Deadlines
- Cancellation Policy
- Fee Assistance Program
In order to accommodate all participants, we have three different ways to register for programs and activities:
- To register Online via our WebTrac system, applicants must have a username and password. For more information click here.
- For Drop-Off and Mail-In registration, complete all information on the registration form, including signature. Make checks payable to "City of Alexandria". For more information click here.
- Confirmation of registration is emailed or mailed within five business days. If a class is full, a wait list is generated and individuals on the wait list will be contacted if a space becomes available. If you do not receive a confirmation, please call the Registration & Reservation Office to confirm status of registration at 703.746.5414.
- Due to the volume of class registrations, we regret that drop-off registrations are not processed immediately. Staff reserves the right to cancel a class that does not meet minimum registration numbers.
- Additional information and links follow below. If you still have questions please contact the Registration & Reservation Office at 703.746.5414 (TTY 703.838.4902), Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- WebTrac offers participants a convenient way to register for classes and camps online in "real time". In addition, participants have the opportunity to browse program information, register and pay for programs by electronic check or credit card.
- If you have previously registered in an activity, program, class or camp, you can register online by using your Recreation Department Household ID number (user name). If you do not know your Household ID number, call 703.746.5414 or email registerARPCA@alexandriava.gov. You can recover your username and password if we have an email on file,
click hereand click "forgot your password".
- If you are a new customer, click here and click the "New User, Create an Account" link on the Online Registration web page.
- Registration is not complete without payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard and electronic checks online.
- Complete a registration form and drop-off at: Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St., Alexandria, VA 22314
- Drop off registrations, regardless of the date and time received, will be left in the box until they are pulled out for processing on the first day of registration. Drop-off registration at anytime DOES NOT guarantee placement in a class.
- Complete a registration form and mail to: Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St., Alexandria, VA 22314
- Make checks payable to "City of Alexandria". Mail-in registration takes at least 5 days to process. Mail In registration DOES NOT guarantee placement in a class.
- Classes that have not met the minimum number of enrollees are cancelled approximately one week before the start date. Participants are notified of cancelled classes by phone or email.
- Cancellation Policy
- All fees must be paid in full and are due at the time of registration. Partial payment does not reserve enrollment. All checks and money orders are payable to "City of Alexandria". You may use one form and check for family registrations.
- Nonresident Fee - A fee of $35 per person, in addition to the class fee, is required for all class sections. This fee is non-refundable except when class/activity is canceled by the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities. To determine if you are a City resident, refer to the City Residency Verification Guide.
- Non web registrants receive a confirmation receipt by mail or email. If you do not receive a confirmation, please call to confirm receipt of registration.
Cancellation Credit Policy
- Refunds will only be processed for classes cancelled by the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities.
- Registrants may request a household credit for classes/programs in writing to the Lee Center or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org based on the following criteria.
- A full household credit may be requested in writing no later than five (5) days prior to the class/program start date.
- Credits in full will be applied to households if a class/program is cancelled by the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities. Please allow 2 weeks for a credit card refund and 3-4 weeks for a refund check.
- Registrants dissatisfied with a class/program may request a credit before the date of the second class/program start date. Credits will be applied to all remaining unattended dates less a processing fee of $15 ($25 for camps).
- Registrants unable to attend a class/program due to illness or injury may request a credit within five (5) days of the last class attended and must include a doctor's note. Credits will be applied to all remaining unattended dates, less a processing fee of $15 ($25 for camps).
- Registrants unable to attend a class/program due to relocation of more than 20 miles from the City of Alexandria may request a refund/credit within five (5) days of the last class attended and must include proof of address change. Refunds will be applied to all remaining unattended dates, less a processing fee of $15 ($25 for camps).
- Credits are not issued for personal convenience or schedule conflicts.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent to class and remain until instructor arrives. Swim lesson parents must return to upper level once class begins.
- The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities encourages participation in City programs from all City residents. If you, a member of your family, or a friend would like to participate in programs or activities sponsored by this Department and are in need of fee assistance in order to participate, please contact the sponsoring program office for more detailed information. Class requests must be received at least two weeks prior to the start of a class. For fee assistance information, call 703.746.5414 or (TTY) 703.838.4902.