We enrich the City of Alexandria by creating meaningful experiences through public space, cultural activities, and programming.
We will improve the well-being of every person in our community by connecting them to each other and their environment.
- Equity. We are committed to equitable access to parks, facilities, and programs.
- Exceptional Customer Experiences. We provide service that is responsive, professional, courteous, and accountable.
- Safety. Our parks and facilities are safe, clean, and accessible.
- Continuous Learning. We believe in lifelong learning for ourselves and our community.
- Integrity. We are honest, fair, and respectful in all interactions.
- Civic Responsibility. As public servants, we strive to better the world around us.
On October 13, 2004, the City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities received national accreditation from the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA). National accreditation requires park and recreation agencies to meet 155 standards representing elements of effective and efficient park and recreation operations. The Commission is comprised of representatives from the National Recreation and Park Association, the American Academy for Park and Recreation Administration, and the National Association of County Park and Recreation Officials. The City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities is evaluated every five years and has successfully received national re-accreditation from CAPRA in October 2009 and October 2014.
The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities is committed to delivering a consistently superior customer experience to all who participate in programs or visit parks and facilities. RPCA's goal is to deliver service that is Responsive, Professional, Courteous and Accountable. Please tell us about your experience by completing an Experience Survey in person at any RPCA Community Center, online or email RPCAcustomer.firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback is important to us!