City of Alexandria Waterfront Commission
The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities commissions and committees compose a formal system through which citizens can advise City Council on issues affecting the City. All meetings are open to the public. Position vacancies are posted on the City website and may be found by visiting Boards & Commissions.
The purpose of the Alexandria Waterfront Commission is to advise the City Council and staff on issues related to Alexandria's historic Potomac River waterfront, and advise on implementation of the Waterfront Small Area Plan. The Commission is composed of 21 members representing a particular neighborhood, community organization, or City committee. The Commission was established by City Council on April 14, 2012, and replaces the Waterfront Committee, which was founded in 1989. The Commission meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 am at City Hall Sister Cities Conference Room, 301 King Street, unless otherwise indicated on the agenda. The Waterfront Commission routinely receives staff reports from various City departments, including Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities; Project Implementation; Planning & Zoning; Transportation & Environmental Services; General Services; and the Police Department. The public is welcome to attend.
To return to Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities Commissions and Committees' information, click here.
- Meeting Archives (2008 - 2020)
- Electronic Meeting Policy(Adopted 9-15-2020)
- Policy Regarding Public Participation
- Waterfront Commission Officer Election Policy
- Waterfront Plan Implementation
- Old Dominion Boat Club (ODBC) Property Acquisition & Exchange Deed - June 25, 2014
- Planning Commission Preliminary Docket
- RiverRenew Project & Stakeholder Advisory Group Updates
- Waterfront Discoveries - Alexandria Archaeology
- Ad Hoc Monitoring Group on Waterfront Construction
- Potomac Waterfront Flood Mitigation Study
- City Marina Maintenance & Repair Assessment Report - October 2013
- Waterfront Governance Models Analysis - March 2015
- Marina Feasibility Study - February 2017
- Busker Information Card
- City of Alexandria Naming and Renaming Policies and Procedures Public Parks and Recreation Areas & Facilities
- Upcoming Waterfront Events
Note: The Commission meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 am at City Hall Sister Cities Conference Room, 301 King Street, unless otherwise indicated on the agenda. The public is welcome. Minutes are approved at the next scheduled meeting.
2021 Meeting Information
Note: Unless otherwise posted, all meetings will be held virtual.
July - Does not meet
August - Does not meet