To start planning your upcoming event, follow these simple steps:
Find a Space
Outdoors: Click here for park locations.
Contact a Specialist
- Recreation Centers: To reserve, call the Recreation Center you are interested in.
- Athletic Fields: To reserve, call the Sports Office at 703.746.5414.
- Park Reservations:
- Call Events & Public Space Activations at 703.746.5421 for hourly rate information regarding:
- Waterfront Park (south lawn), 1A Prince St.
- Oronoco Bay Park, 100 Madison St.
- Montgomery Park, 901 N. Royal St.
- King Street Gardens Park, 1806 King St.
- Call the Registration & Reservation Office at 703.746.5414 for information regarding 4-hour picnic block reservations at the following locations*:
- Armistead L. Boothe Park, 520 Cameron Station Blvd.
- Ben Brenman Park, 4800 Brenman Park Dr.
- Chinquapin Park, 3210 King St.
- Fort Ward Park, 4301 West Braddock Rd.
- Joseph Hensley Park, 4200 Eisenhower Ave.
- Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St.
- Old Town Pool, 1605 Cameron St.
Additional parks not listed may be available for reservation. Call the Registration & Reservation Office at 703.746.5414 for additional information.
- * Note: If your event includes any of the following, please contact Events & Public Space Activations at 703.746.5421 for application and permit information:
City services to ensure compliance with Federal, state, or local laws;
uses city owned or managed property such as public streets, sidewalks, parking lots, alleys, parks or any other city owned/managed open space;
completely or partially closes any public right-of way;
requires traffic control requiring City of Alexandria Police Department or Transportation & Environmental Services personnel;
impairs emergency vehicles access;
or requires attendance of Emergency Management Services personnel.
- Indoor Facility Application
- Special Event Information and Application
- Picnic Information and Application
- Park Rental Form
For additional information on rental fees, review the Department Fee Schedule.