For Immediate Release: March 9, 2012
Department of Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Activities' Spring & Summer 2012 Program Guide Now Available
The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities’ Spring & Summer 2012 Program Guide is now available by visiting alexandriava.gov/recreation. The program guide highlights City classes, programs, activities and special events occurring April through August 2012. Registration for spring & summer classes and activities begins at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, March 28 for City residents, and Friday, March 30 for nonresidents. Individuals who subscribe to receive the program guide by mail will receive it the week of March 12.
Individuals who did not subscribe can download a free copy or pick up a printed copy at the following locations on Friday, March 9:
- Department of Communications & Public Information, City Hall, 301 King St.
- Charles Barrett Recreation Center, 1115 Martha Custis Dr.
- Charles Houston Recreation Center, 901 Wythe St.
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center, 3210 King St.
- Cora Kelly Recreation Center, 25 W. Reed Ave.
- Dr. Oswald Durant Memorial Recreation Center, 1605 Cameron St.
- Jerome “Buddie” Ford Nature Center, 5750 Sanger Ave.
- Mount Vernon Recreation Center, 2701 Commonwealth Ave.
- Nannie J. Lee Memorial Recreation Center, 1108 Jefferson St.
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center, 4643 Taney Ave.
- William Ramsay Recreation Center, 5650 Sanger Ave.
- Barrett Branch Library, 717 Queen St.
- Beatley Central Library, 5005 Duke St.
- Burke Branch Library, 4701 Seminary Rd.
- Duncan Branch Library, 2501 Commonwealth Ave.
Program guides are mailed to subscribers three times each year: Fall Programs (August); Winter Programs (December); and Spring and Summer Programs (March). To sign up for a free subscription to the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities’ Program Guide, visit alexandriava.gov/recreation or call 703.746.4343.