For Immediate Release: December 4, 2013
Department of Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Activities' 2014 Winter Program Guide Now Available
The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities’ 2014 Winter Program Guide is now available. The program guide highlights City classes, programs, activities and special events occurring January through March 2014. Registration for winter classes and activities begins at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, December 11 for City residents, and Friday, December 13 for nonresidents.
Individuals who did not receive the program guide as a free subscription can download a free copy by visiting
- Department of Communications & Public Information, City Hall, 301 King St.
- Charles Barrett Recreation Center, 1115 Martha Custis Dr.
- Charles Houston Recreation Center, 901 Wythe St.
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center, 3210 King St.
- Cora Kelly Recreation Center, 25 W. Reed Ave.
- Dr. Oswald Durant Memorial Recreation Center, 1605 Cameron St.
- Jerome “Buddie” Ford Nature Center, 5750 Sanger Ave.
- Mount Vernon Recreation Center, 2701 Commonwealth Ave.
- Nannie J. Lee Memorial Recreation Center, 1108 Jefferson St.
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center, 4643 Taney Ave.
- William Ramsay Recreation Center, 5650 Sanger Ave.
- Barrett Branch Library, 717 Queen St.
- Beatley Central Library, 5005 Duke St.
- Burke Branch Library, 4701 Seminary Rd.
- Duncan Branch Library, 2501 Commonwealth Ave.
Program guides are mailed to subscribers three times each year: Fall Programs (August); Winter Programs (December); and Spring and Summer Programs (March). To sign up for a free subscription to the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities’ Program Guide, visit