The following changes have been made:
- Volunteer access to the Adult Detention Center has been suspended effective March 7.
- Tours of the Adult Detention Center have been suspended effective March 7.
social visitation at the Adult Detention Center has been suspended effective March 14; video visitation began May 5.
- Effective March 23, professional (attorney-client) meetings will be conducted through video conferencing.
- Weekenders program (local and federal) and Work Release have been suspended effective March 13.
- All non-essential visits to the Public Safety Center are suspended effective March 18.
- All inmates issued cloth masks on April 16, consistent with recently updated CDC guidelines.
- All staff working inside the Detention Center are to wear N95 masks effective April 22.
This list may be updated as the Sheriff’s Office continues to evaluate its protocols and programs.
Read the March 23, 2020, memo from Sheriff Lawhorne to the Mayor and City Council for more information about the Sheriff's Office response.
Read this update on modified services for inmates.
Services at the Alexandria Courthouse may be impacted so consult the Courts website or contact the appropriate court or office with specific questions.
- Circuit Court - 703.746.4044
- General District Court - 703.746.4041
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court - 703.746.4141
- Circuit Court Clerk's Office - 703.746.4044
- Commonwealth's Attorney's Office - 703.746.4100
- Sheriff's Office Judicial Services - 703.746.4120