The Alexandria Commission on Information Technology responsibilities are to review the proposed information technology plan; make recommendations to and advise the city government in the formulation and implementation of information and telecommunications policy, and to promote citizen participation in the formulation of such policy; to identify new information and telecommunications technologies, to evaluate their potential for enhancing the delivery of services by the city, and to identify the resources and legislative changes required to implement these technologies; to advise the city council concerning the use of funds for cable television access and local origination programming, concerning the construction and maintenance of facilities for the production of such programming, concerning the education of the public in the use of such facilities when they become available, and concerning other matters relating to cable television; and to make an annual report to the city council which shall include a review and evaluation of the activities of the commission, including any comments or recommendations relative to its functions that it may choose to make; and to perform such other duties or functions as assigned by City Council.
- City Charter Establishing the Commission on Information Technology
- FY 2017-2026 Proposed Information Technology Plan
- October 1, 2018 - (rescheduled from September 10, 2018)
- June 4, 2018 - Agenda - (rescheduled from May 14, 2018) -- Minutes pending adoption in October 2018
- March 12, 2018 -- Agenda | Minutes
- January 22, 2018 (rescheduled from January 8, 2018) -- Agenda | Minutes
- November 27, 2017 -- Agenda | Minutes
- September 11, 2017 -- Agenda | Minutes
- May 8, 2017 -- Agenda | Minutes
- March 27, 2017 -- Agenda | Minutes
- January 9, 2017 -- Agenda | Minutes
- November 14, 2016 -- Agenda | Minutes
- September 12, 2016 --
The IT Commission meets the second Monday of every other month at 7:00 pm at 301 King Street in room 2000 unless otherwise noted below:
The September 10, 2018 meeting has been rescheduled for Monday, October 1, 2018 at 7:30 pm at 301 King Street, room 1101, Sister Cities Conference Room.