Due to the BRAC-133 move to the Mark Center in the West End of the City of Alexandria, which is scheduled to occur in September of 2011, parking in the neighborhoods surrounding the BRAC-133 site is currently being evaluated for preemptive parking protection measures. It is the intent of the City to discourage commuters to the Mark Center site from parking in the residential areas. Several options for protection of residential parking are being evaluated to determine a residential parking protection plan.
BRAC-133 Neighborhood Parking Meeting Materials
- February 10, 2011 BRAC Neighborhood Parking Plan Resident Feedback Meeting
- December 2, 2010 Residential Permit Parking Program Neighborhood Representative Input Meeting
- Agenda and Handout describing Options
- Map of existing Residential Permit Parking Districts throughout the City
- Option 1: Establish Residential Permit Parking District through current process
- Option 2: Establish Multiple Residential Permit Parking Districts
- Option 3: Establish Single Large Residential Permit Parking District
- Option 4: Establish Daytime Parking District
- September 23, 2010 Residential Permit Parking Program Informational Meeting for Neighborhood Representatives
- August 18, 2010 Residential Permit Parking Informational Meeting for Neighborhood Representatives
For more information on parking in the BRAC-133 area, please contact Katye North, Principal Transportation Planner at email@example.com or 703-746-4139.