Eisenhower Avenue Widening and Roadway Improvement ProjectState Project Number: U000-100-135
UPC Number: 77378
The Department of Transportation and Environmental Services (T&ES) is working with the Department of Project Implementation (DPI) on a roadway improvement project along Eisenhower Avenue between Mill Road and Holland Lane. The project is funded by State Urban funds. The design has been completed, and the project is anticipated to begin the construction phase in Spring 2020.
- Adding an additional left turn lane at the Eisenhower/Mill Road intersection on westbound Eisenhower Ave.
- Upgrading the receiving lanes on Mill Road to accept the dual left turns from Eisenhower Ave.
- Convert the traffic circle at Eisenhower and Holland to a "T" intersection from John Carlyle Street to Holland Lane.
- Upgrading the street lighting and sidewalks on the north side between Mill Road and Elizabeth Lane, and both sides between John Carlyle Street and Holland Lane.
- Full width resurfacing of Eisenhower Avenue between Holland Lane and Mill Road.
- Construction: Anticipated to begin Spring 2020
- Memo to Council regarding Additional construction funding
- Eisenhower Avenue widening construction webpage
- Design Public Hearing Presentation - April 4, 2013
- Resolution No. 2561
- Eisenhower East Small Area Plan 2019 Update
- Eisenhower Avenue Concept Plan
- Categorical Exclusion
- Design Public Hearing Advertisement
- Design Public Hearing Letter
- Eisenhower Avenue Public Meeting Transcript
- Design Public Hearing Comments
- Carlyle Architectural Society Comments
- J Savage Comments
- Traffic Study
- Eisenhower East Small Area Plan
For further information, please contact Demond Frazier at 703.746.4632 or firstname.lastname@example.org