Eisenhower Avenue Widening and Roadway Improvement Project
State Project Number: U000-100-135
UPC Number: 77378
The Department of Transportation and Environmental Services (T&ES) is working on a roadway improvement project along Eisenhower Avenue between Mill Road and Holland Lane. The project is funded by State Urban funds and is currently in the design phase.
The improvements consist of:
1. Dual left turns at the Eisenhower/Mill Road intersection on westbound Eisenhower Ave.
2. Upgrading the receiving lanes on Mill Road to accept the dual left turns from Eisenhower Ave.
3. Convert the traffic circle at Eisenhower and Holland to a "T" intersection from John Carlyle Street to Holland Lane.
4. Upgrading the street lighting and sidewalks in front of the Simpson property.
5. Full width resurfacing of Eisenhower Avenue between Holland Lane and Mill Road.
- R/W Acquisition begins: Spring 2015
- Utility Relocation: Fall 2015
- Bid Document Submission: Spring 2016
- Advertisement: Fall 2016
- Begin Construction: Spring 2017
- Design Public Hearing Presentation - April, 4
- Comment Card
- Eisenhower Avenue Concept Plan
- Categorical Exclusion
- Design Public Hearing Advertisement
- Design Public Hearing Letter
- Eisenhower Avenue Public Meeting Transcript
- Design Public Hearing Comments
- Carlyle Architectural Society Comments
- J Savage Comments
- Resolution No. 2561
- Traffic Study
- Eisenhower East Small Area Plan
For further information, please contact Lisa Jaatinen, Engineering Division at 703.746.4053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.