The Construction Permitting and Inspections Group, under the Infrastructure Right of Way Division, is located in room 4130 in City Hall. This section manages and inspects capital improvement projects for which the department is responsible through all phases of construction and administers contracts for curb, gutter and sidewalk repairs. This division also administers and coordinates utility work within public rights-of-way, inspects all bonded development work, and enforces the soil erosion control ordinance. The permits section, which is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, issues all excavation permits, reserved parking permits, miscellaneous public works permits and checks building permits for compliance with T&ES standards and specifications.
Requests received at the counter after 4:15 will be processed the next business day.
- Downspouts, Foundation Drains and Sump Pumps
- Basic Guidelines for Obtaining Permits
- How to Obtain Temporary Reserved Parking (*Updated October 15, 2015)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Reserved Parking (*Updated October 15, 2015)
- Update: Fee Information - Effective July 1, 2015
“Park”ing Day is an annual global event that is held the 3rd Friday of September each year. Information about the event and requirements can be found in the Parking Day Guidelines. Submit your request by filling out an application to obtain a permit for use of the Right-of-Way/Parking Spaces. Include 1 copy of plan and additional information as per the City Parking Day Guidelines, and submit all required information by email to TESPermits@alexandriava.gov. General liability insurance required.
- The Permit Center is closed from 2:00 pm- 5:00 pm on the first Monday of each month.