The Alternative Transportation Program (ATP) provides information and resources to businesses and employees on transportation alternatives. The ATP will help your company solve employee commuting and parking problems.
The ATP was created by the City of Alexandria's Office of Transit Services and Programs to help businesses manage parking shortages, assist employees with commuting needs, reduce air pollution and reduce traffic congestion in Alexandria.
Helping employees with their commuting needs makes good business sense and even a small amount of participation can achieve big results such as lower parking expenses, higher morale, and improved recruiting, just to name a few.
Some of the services and materials the ATP can offer are:
To learn more about the ATP or to take advantage of the services and materials contact the Employer Outreach Coordinator at 703-838-3800 weekdays during 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Transit schedules and route maps for local and regional services.
- Computerized carpool and vanpool matching.
- Development of an employee commute survey and analysis of the results.
- A transit/rideshare information meeting of event for employees.
- Development of parking management strategies that reduce parking expenses manage a parking shortage, and decrease the need to lease more parking.
- Planning and development of transportation incentive programs, such as a pre-tax/tax deductible transit benefit, as part of your employee benefit package.
- Development of alternative transportation support programs, such as compressed work week, flexible work hour scheduled programs, emergency/guaranteed ride home programs, etc.
- Office relocation assistance for your employees and their commuting choices.
- Development of a telecommuting program.
- Customized alternative transportation packages for new and existing employees.
- Geographic mapping of employee home locations and transit options.