Spring Cleanup is an opportunity for residents to set out unusable items to be collected on specific dates, as designated on the map. Items are disposed of at the Covanta Energy from Waste facility and other local landfills. Please consider donation before setting out items for the Spring Cleanup program.
Remember, metals should be separated from other collection items left at the curb, because City trash crews will be making a special collection for these metal materials. Also, if your street is a boundary line, consider the middle of the road as the divider. Your collection area will be designated by the date of the area closest to your side of the street.
Please use City's interactive map tool or the map below to find your collection zone and date. Eligible residents will also receive a mailed postcard containing dates, collection zones, and preparation instructions in early April.
City Residential Resource Recovery customers only.
Spring Cleanup Collection Zones
- Zone 1 - Saturday, April 27
- Zone 2 - Saturday, May 4
- Zone 3 - Saturday, May 11
- Zone 4 - Saturday, May 18
- Yard Waste
- Improperly prepared paints
- Hazardous Materials
- Unbundled brush or loose yard waste
- Incorrectly prepared sharp items
- Building materials (such as drywall, shingles and lumber)
Material Preparation Information
- Please consider donating items before placing them out for Spring Cleanup or Regular collection.
- Check the map to determine your assigned collection area and date of collection.
- Place your materials at the curb (no alley collections) no later than 6 a.m. on the day of collection and no earlier than 5 p.m. the day before collection.*
- Separate all metal, electronics, appliances, furniture, and other miscellaneous items for easy collection. Large and small metal items and electronics will be recycled
- Large metal item examples: file cabinets, grills (not including propane tank), lawn mowers (empty gas tank), metal sheds, wire fencing, ladders, etc.
- Small metal item examples: wire hangers, pots and pans, toasters, chairs, metal pipes, tire rims (no tire), etc.
- Appliances including: stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, hot water heaters, freezers and dish washers will still incur a $20 per item collection fee.
- Correctly prepare sharp items for collection. NOTE: Please ensure all materials are set out at the correct time. Crews will not make second trips into areas after the first pass, these materials, which are eligible, will be collected with regular weekly refuse collection.