Ad Hoc Stormwater Utility and Flood Mitigation Advisory Group
On January 26, 2021, Alexandria City Council approved a resolution to establish an Ad Hoc Stormwater Utility and Flood Mitigation Advisory Group. This group is intended to support and advise on the City’s flood mitigation efforts on an ad hoc basis for an initial period of one year.
Advisory Group Responsibilities
The Advisory Group's responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and advising in regards to flood mitigation activities
- Monitoring and measuring progress of the City's proposed flood mitigation efforts
- Serving as a general body for receipt and dissemination of information for the City's flood mitigation implementation efforts
- Reviewing and providing recommendations on proposed Stormwater Utility operating and capital budgets
|John Hill||Flood-Affected Civic Association Representative|
|Cheryl Leonard||Flood-Affected Civic Association Representative|
|Katherine Waynick, Vice Chair||Flood-Affected Civic Association Representative|
|Dino Drudi||Alexandria Federation of Civic Associations Representative|
|Charlotte Hall||Business Group Representative|
|Brian Sands||Technical Representative|
|Christine Thuot||Technical Representative|
|Howard "Skip" Maginniss, Chair||Budget & Fiscal Affairs Committee (BFAAC) Representative|
|VACANT||Equity Expertise Representative|
|John T. Chapman||City Council Representative|
To apply for a vacant position, visit www.AlexandriaVA.gov/Boards.
Due to the COVID-19 emergency, meetings are being held electronically, unless a determination is made that it is safe enough for the meetings to be held in person in the City Council Chamber at 301 King Street, Alexandria, VA. Electronic access will be provided in either event. Meetings can be accessed by the public via the Zoom hyperlink in the meeting agendas below.
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Thursday, August 12, 2021
- Stormwater Management Primer
- Audio/Video Recording
- Approved Meeting Minutes (coming soon)
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Matthew Landes, Division Chief, Department of Project Implementation | Matthew.Landes@alexandriava.gov
For more information on the City's flood mitigation efforts, visit the Flood Action Alexandria webpage.