Connecting You to City Services
Alex311 is the City of Alexandria’s customer service initiative to connect our customers to more than 175 City services in a variety of convenient ways. Connect with Alex311 online, through the mobile app, on Facebook and Twitter, by phone, or in person.
For immediate police, fire or emergency medical assistance, call or text 911.
For non-emergency requests requiring police response (such as animal control, motor vehicle crashes without injuries, parking and noise complaints, lost or found property, or crimes that occurred in the past), call 703.746.4444. Additional crisis hotlines are listed below.
Use the Alex311 website to submit and track requests. For information about an open online service request ticket, call 311 or 703.746.4311.
Call 311 or 703.746.4311
Weekdays: 7 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturdays: 8 a.m.-noon
(Except City holidays)
Voicemail available after hours
Submit requests in person at any City government location.
Frequent Service Requests
In Crisis? Call us now. 24 hours a day:
- Access to more than 175 City services and information.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who provide efficient and accurate resolutions to all requests.
- Convenient options to connect: website, mobile app, Facebook, Twitter, phone, in-person.
- Ability to attach photos and specify the location of a service request online and through the mobile app.
- Emailed updates about your request including a summary of the details, an expected response date and a number to track progress on the mobile app or website.
- An opportunity to provide feedback about your experience with Alex311.
Customer Service Commitment
With each interaction, we commit to being professional, accountable, responsive and courteous.
- Professional: delivering competent and high-quality service even under pressure
- Accountable: providing accurate and reliable information, keeping customers informed and honoring our service commitments
- Responsive: prioritizing work appropriately and working efficiently to get it right the first time
- Courteous: communicating in a respectful and productive manner
Information provided to the City may be subject to public release under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act or other laws. Alex311 should not be used to submit sensitive information, such as social security numbers, financial account identifiers, or health information. To request copies of public records, use the online records request form. To report government waste, fraud or abuse, please visit alexandriava.gov/InternalAudit. Please review our Privacy and Legal Notices.