What would you like to pay?
|Taxes||Parking Citations||Guest Parking Permits||Payments FAQ|
Updated Hours for Walk-In Service
The Finance Department walk-in service hours are Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. as of May 17, 2021.
Most transactions can be completed with one of our contactless options. Finance staff remain available online and by telephone Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Call us at 703.746.4800
- Payments can be made using the outside drop box on the Royal Street side of City Hall, available 24 hours a day.
- Pay by credit card or eCheck on the City's website at alexandriava.gov/Payments.
- Mail Car Tax payments to City of Alexandria, PO Box 34710, Alexandria, VA 22334-0710.
- Mail Business Personal Property Tax payments to City of Alexandria, PO Box 34901, Alexandria, VA 22334-0901.
- Guest Parking Permits can be obtained online at apps.alexandriava.gov/RPP2014/
- Email us:
For more information on the City's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit alexandriava.gov/CoronaVirus.
Tax Portal for Real Estate Tax, Vehicle Tax, and Parking Citations
The tax portal can be accessed directly to view your account or update your information by visiting taxportal.alexandriava.gov/.
Business Tax Portal
The Business Tax Portal allows businesses to securely access business tax accounts, view historical data, file tax returns and make payments online. It can be accessed directly at businesstaxportal.alexandriava.gov/BTP/. More information about using the Business Tax portal can be found at alexandriava.gov/BusinessTax.