TRAILS Mental Health Program for Young Adults Experiencing First Psychosis
Who can participate?
- Individuals ages 15-30
- City of Alexandria residents
- Have experienced symptoms of psychosis within two years of referral
- Have an ability to benefit from services
- Are willing to work with a multi-disciplinary team
Signs of psychosis may include the following:
- Hearing or seeing things that other people don’t
- Developing unusual thoughts or ideas
- Difficulty thinking or having disorganized thoughts
- Decreased energy or lack of motivation
- Significant change in emotions and/or behaviors
What services does TRAILS provide?
- Outreach and referral
- Evaluation and assessment
- Psychiatric treatment
- Recovery coaching
- Case management
- Vocational and educational support
- Medication management
- Peer support
- Supportive housing
- Psychosocial rehabilitation programming
Who sponsors TRAILS?
TRAILS is a program of the Department of Community and Human Services' Alexandria Community Services Board. Major funding is provided by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Disability Services. Private insurance may be billed for some services.
Get Help Now
Get Help Outside of the City of Alexandria
- Fairfax County and the cities of Fairfax and Falls Church: TurningPoint, 703.383.8500
- Charles City, Henrico and New Kent counties: InSTRIDE, 804.727.8515.
- Washington County and the City of Bristol: NAVIGATE, 276.525.1942 or 276.525.1550.
- Loudoun County: Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services. Call 703.771.5155.
- Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange and Rappahannock counties: Young Adult Coordinated Care Program, Call 540.825.3100.
- Prince William County: GetOnTrack, 571.229.3418 or 703.792.7800.
- Isle of Wight and Southampton counties and cities of Franklin and Suffolk: Life Management Program, 757.255.7134.
- State-wide oversight of coordinated specialty care for young adults by Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Disability Services. Call the Office of Child and Family Services at 804.371.4604.