Military & Veteran Services
Education & Training
- Military Connection is a leader in the military and veteran realms for connecting prime military candidates with outstanding career opportunities in both the government and civilian sectors.
- Veterans Employment Initiative - Northern Virginia Technology Council
- Workforce Development Center - The City of Alexandria's Workforce Development Center (WDC), offers staffing solutions that provide businesses with employees who are skilled and ready to work. As a certified One Stop Center, WDC serves a variety of skill levels from those with advanced degrees and many years of experience to those with limited education and work experience.
- Capitol Post is a non-profit whose mission is to serve as the platform for military veterans and spouses growing sustainable and scalable businesses or transitioning into new careers, and serves as the home to Bunker Labs DC, an accelerator for high-growth startups.
- VA Employment Commission – Alexandria Office
- JobZone - Job Board & Career Coaching – Employment Fairs
- AM Vets - Employment and resume assistance
- Easter Seals Veteran Staffing Network - Employment assistance
- Able Forces - Links disabled veterans to jobs (Front Royal)
- Four Block - Veteran Career Development
- Alexandria Vet Center - Trauma-specific counseling for veterans; group and individual outpatient
- Homeless Services
- Housing Partners – Lists Government Agencies (add Vet associations)
- Real Property Tax Relief for Veterans
- Relocation Counseling - Housing counseling services to persons seeking rental housing in the City.
- Northern Virginia Affordable Housing Alliance
- New Hope Housing
- Good Shepherd Housing
- Operation Renewed Hope
- Veterans First Division of Friendship Place: Screening phone number is 202.658.9599 and you must leave a voicemail with your name and number to be called back or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers of America
Resources / Benefits
- Center for Economic Support – Benefit Programs
- Legal Aide - Legal Services of Northern Virginia & George Mason Veterans and Service Members Legal Clinic
- Military Friendly Policy - The policy aims to ensure that children whose parents move due to military-related relocations do not suffer due to frequent relocations. It also ensures that children can return to a neighborhood school they have previously attended prior to a military posting.
- Guidance for Military Families with Students in Special Education
- ACPS Student Placement Regulations: Exceptions for Placement of Military Children
- ACPS Health Requirements for Registration: Military Families
- ACPS Schools Recognize Veterans Day Through Reflective, Educational Activities