Titan Takeover is a quarterly event that includes dinner, games, a DJ, and photobooth. Come hang out with your friends for a night of fun and a chance to win prizes or gift cards!!
ACAP Peer Advocates
Our Peer Advocates are an instrumental part of ACAP and the Youth Development team. Peer Advocates help create a continuum of support and programming for youth involved in ACAP programs. They teach other Alexandria youth on topics related to making healthy life choices and inform others about relevant community resources through creating social media content, facilitating presentations and workshop, and leading activities for teens within the community.
If you’re interested in becoming a Peer Advocate or inviting the Peer Advocates to lead a workshop for your club or group, contact Rachel Philpott at email@example.com.
Youth Leadership Conference
The Youth Leadership Conference (YLC) is held every summer and is a three-day event to build and enhance leadership skills among rising 9th-12th graders. The conference connects young people to opportunities to become more civically engaged in the Alexandria community and is co-hosted with SAPCA.
Stay tuned for information about YLC 2022!!!
Social Media – Alexandria Teen Life
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter for current events, resources, and facts from ACAP, Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition of Alexandria, and Alexandria Sexual Assault Center.
- Teen Source - My Health, My Future, My Plan
- Scarleteen: Sex Education for the Real World
- Go Ask Alice!
- Advocates for Youth
- Sex, Etc.
- Wanna Know: Sexual Health and You
- Planned Parenthood - Info for Teens
Condoms & Birth Control
Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity
- Safe Space NOVA
- The Trevor Project - The leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth
- Side by Side (formerly Richmond Organization for Sexual Minority Youth ROSMY)
- Sexual Minority Youth Assistance League (SMYAL), Washington, DC
- Coming Out in Middle School - NY Times Article
- Alexandria LGBTQ Task Force
Pregnant & Parenting Teens