Teen Wellness Center (TWC) Services
Services that are NON-CONFIDENTIAL and need parent/guardian consent if under the age of 18:
- Immunizations for HPV, Influenza (flu), TDAP and more
- T.B Testing
- Treatment of minor illnesses
- Physical examinations required for schools, participation in sports, employment and the Special Olympics
Services that are CONFIDENTIAL and do NOT need parent/guardian consent:
- Pregnancy testing and prevention
- Diagnosis/ treatment of sexually transmitted infections (Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV and more)
- Reproductive health services (to include the provision of birth control methods)
- Health education, like diet, exercise, stress reduction techniques
- Behavior change counseling
- Mental health and substance abuse counseling
Student Health Advisory Board
TWC's Student Health Advisory Board is a new program for Alexandria teens interested in the health issues affecting their communities. Be sure to attend our interest meeting on Oct. 17, 2018 to learn how to become health communicators! Please visit our page for more information and to RSVP.
Will My Visit be Confidential?
Virginia state law allows us to provide some services without parental consent. That means that in most cases, if a teen has asked for or received services listed above, we cannot legally share information regarding that service with the parent or guardian.
How Much do Services Cost?
Services are provided FREE of charge (since billing a health insurance plan risks indirectly notifying the parent that a teen sought TWC services). Contact a Teen Wellness clinic staffer for more information on what and when information is withheld. No one will be denied services for their inability to pay.
Do I Qualify for TWC Services?
How do I Make an Appointment?
OR Text "APPT" to 571.329.2245
(Please do NOT text confidential information)
Teen Wellness Center
T.C. Williams High School
3330 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22302
- Monday-Friday: 9 A.M. to 1 P.M. and 2 P.M. to 5 P.M.
- Thursday: 12 P.M. to 5 P.M.