Office of Emergency Management & Homeland Security
The Office of Emergency Management & Homeland Security consists of the Office of Emergency Management (OEM), the Fire Prevention and Life Safety (FPLS) Section, Fire Investigations Division, Public Information, and the Community Outreach Unit. While OEM sits under the Alexandria Fire Department, it serves the entire City of Alexandria and works with various city, regional, and national agencies to be fully successful in carrying out its mission. The Office of Emergency Management & Homeland Security is commanded by Deputy Chief Corey Smedley.
- Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- Fire Prevention and Life Safety (FPLS)
- Fire Investigations Division (Fire Marshals Office)
- Community Outreach Unit
Upcoming Emergency Management Events
- The Alexandria Radio Club will host their Amateur Radio Operators class beginning October - www.w4hfh.org
- Volunteer Alexandria has a cadre of disaster volunteers responsible for executing critical tasks in partnership with the Office of Emergency Management during emergencies in the City. For more information, please follow this link : http://handsonconnect.volunteeralexandria.org/HOC__CMSContent?CMSId=a0UU0000004wTBTMA2
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM) Winter Preparedness Campaign and Resources: For VDEM tips to prepare for winter weather, click here.