Dedicated to Our Community, Our Profession & Each Other
Today, the Alexandria Fire Department employs more than 250 professional personnel, which include firefighters, paramedics, fire prevention staff and administrative support. A network of 10 stations protects nearly 16 square miles. Among the department's specialized teams are the Northern Virginia Regional Hazardous Materials Team, Technical Rescue, Marine Operations and the Special Operations Team.
Alexandria also has a volunteer organization, the Alexandria Volunteer Fire Department (AVFD). The AVFD has served the citizens of our fine City for more than two hundred years. AVFD members provide assistance in the areas of firefighting, emergency medical services, communications, canteen and administration.
- Chief Robert C. Dubé
- Alexandria Fire Department Celebrates its 150th Anniversary
- Firefighter-Medic Program and Dual Role Medic Providers FAQs
Alexandria Fire Stations
In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1. For non-emergencies, call 703.746.4444
The following is a listing of the 10 stations of the Alexandria Fire Department.
- Fire Station 201- Old Town ( 317 Prince Street 22314)
- Fire Station 202- Del Ray ( 213 East Windsor Avenue 22301)
- Fire Station 203- Beverly Hills ( 2801 Cameron Mills Road 22302)
- Fire Station 204- Powhatan Park ( Headquarters, 900 Second Street 22314)
- Fire Station 205- Rosemont ( 1210 Cameron Street 22314)
- Fire Station 206- Seminary Valley ( 4609 Seminary Road 22304)
- Fire Station 207- Cameron Valley ( 3301 Duke Street 22314)
- Fire Station 208- Landmark ( 175 North Paxton Street 22304)
- Fire Station 209- Potomac Yards ( 2800 Main Line Blvd 22305)
- Fire Station 210- Eisenhower Valley ( 5255 Eisenhower Avenue 22304)
The mission of the Alexandria Fire Department is to plan for and deliver responsive and caring emergency service, mitigate emergencies and disasters, prevent the loss of life, protect property and enforce applicable construction, fire, and building maintenance codes for the City residents and the general public in order to maintain and enhance public safety.
Dedicated to our Community, Our Profession and Each Other
Unity - Community - Dedication - Professionalism - Preparedness