Protect Yourself from COVID-19: Get Vaccinated!
COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, free and they can save your life. When enough people get vaccinated, we can get back to normal. The Alexandria Health Department (AHD) and its vaccinating partners are currently offering open vaccine scheduling. Schedule your appointment today.
Things to Know Before You Schedule:
- Vaccines are free of charge and available to everyone ages 12 and up.
- AHD recommends receiving the first vaccine available and does not endorse one vaccine manufacturer over another.
- Pfizer is the only vaccine currently authorized for use on people 12-17 years of age. Other vaccines are only authorized for use in people ages 18 and older.
- Once your first dose appointment is complete, you will be contacted by the provider to schedule your second dose appointment, as necessary.
- Minors 17 years of age and under must have a parent, guardian, or adult aged 18 or older designated by the parent or guardian present onsite to receive vaccine.
Select Schedule Now to Make an Appointment
If you have an appointment scheduled with a provider listed and need to contact them about rescheduling or cancelling, please contact them directly. For general questions, please contact the Alexandria COVID-19 Hotline at 703.746.4988, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Pharmacies and other providers can be found at vaccines.gov
Some pediatric practices in Alexandria are working with AHD to administer vaccines for adolescents ages 12 and older. Please contact these providers directly to get your child vaccinated.
- Provider: Van Dorn Pediatrics
Location: 2500 N. Van Dorn St., # 102, Alexandria, VA 22302
- Provider: Hispanic American Pediatric Associates
Location: 5130 Duke St., Suite 7, Alexandria, VA 22304
Why Should I Get the Vaccine?
Because it's effective. Because it's safe. Because it's free. Because ending the pandemic depends on most of us getting vaccinated. LEARN MORE
Are COVID-19 Vaccines Safe?
Vaccines are one of the safest and most effective ways to save lives, protect your loved ones, and help everyone return to normal. LEARN MORE
How Can I Receive More Information?
Have a specific question about COVID-19 and the vaccines? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions webpage.