Athletic Field Improvement Projects
his page will be used to communicate the City of Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities efforts of improving the City's athletic fields with the residents of the City. Please check back as we continue to update this page with more information.
Page updated on February 27, 2023 at 11:55 AM
WARNING: You have chosen to translate this page using an automated translation system. This translation has not been reviewed by the City of Alexandria and may contain errors.
Current Improvement Projects
- July 15, 2021 - 7 p.m. - Park & Recreation Commission Regular Meeting. Staff will present the 2021 Athletic Field Report
- September 17, 2009 - 7:30 p.m. - Lee Center, 1008 Jefferson Street. Staff will present study findings and recommendations to the Park and Recreation Commission on fields suitable for conversion to synthetic turf.
- October 15, 2009 - Park and Recreation Commission public hearing on on the next synthetic turf field conversion.
- Minnie Howard DRAFT Plan - presented October 30, 2006 meeting at Minnie Howard field
- Witter Property Proposed Athletic Fields Plan - presented April 30, 2007 at the monthly Parks and Recreation Commission meeting.
- Synthetic Turf Information Meeting - June 2006