Gadsby's Tavern Museum Society
The Gadsby’s Tavern Museum Society is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization formed to support the preservation, development, and interpretation of Gadsby’s Tavern Museum.
Page updated on January 25, 2023 at 10:57 AM
WARNING: You have chosen to translate this page using an automated translation system. This translation has not been reviewed by the City of Alexandria and may contain errors.
About the Gadsby's Tavern Museum Society
The Gadsby's Tavern Museum Society was formed in 1992 as a private citizens' group designed to provide on-going support for the preservation, development and interpretation of Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, one of Alexandria's premier historic sites.
Support of the Museum has taken many forms, including:
- Financial support of specific Museum programs, initiatives, and collection purchases
- Advocacy on behalf of the Museum in City budget conversations
- Promotion of the Museum and its activities by marching in parades and participating in other community events.
Organizing specific fundraising campaigns to help the Museum with major purchases and improvements
- 1993: raised $6,000 to purchase 60 period appropriate brass coat hooks for the ballroom
- 1994-1998: raised over $35,000 for new period appropriate curtains for the Ballroom
- 2007-2013: raised over $130,000 to renovate the Tavern's unique urban Ice Well.
- GTMS Website
- Follow GTMS on Facebook and Instagram
- Volunteer: $15
- Junior $20
- Individual: $50
- Family: $100
- Patron: $250
- Benefactor: $500
- Lifetime: $1,000
Purchase your GTMS membership online from The Alexandria Shop.
When you become a member of the Gadsby’s Tavern Museum Society, you will receive:
- Free admission to the Museum
- Members-only events
- Discounts on certain events sponsored by Gadsby’s Tavern Museum and Historic Alexandria.
- Invitation to the Museum’s Holiday Party.
- Discount at all Historic Alexandria Museum Shops (does not include memberships or event tickets. You must notify cashier of your membership status.)