King Street Hospital
History of King Street Hospital
200-204 King Street
King St. Hospital, part of the First Division of Alexandria US General Hospitals, had 100 beds. Prior to the War, these three brick buildings were used for shops and banks.
First Person Accounts
- Edward French
- Family stories from Sigmund Bernheimer
- Title: King Street Hospital
- Image Source: The Photographic History of the Civil War in Ten Volumes. Francis Trevelyan Miller, Editor in Chief, Volume Seven, Prisons and Hospitals. New York, The Review of Reviews Co., 1911.
- Image Date: 1861-1865.
- Medium: Photograph
- Rights Advisory: Out of Copyright
The quartermaster map shows the King Street Hospital.
Location and the Site Today
The hospital was located at 200-204 King Street. Today, the buildings house retail shops on the ground floor.
- Google Maps. See the location today
- Civil War Hospitals Map. See location of hospital in relation to others
- Union Hospitals in Alexandria. Return to main page
- Alexandria Civil War Hospitals. interactive Story Map
- Alexandria Civil War Hospitals. Walking Tour Brochure