Operational Updates Due to
Some services may be modified or suspended due to the
pandemic. Please see below for service impacts by division, we will
continue to monitor and update this information daily.
- Closed to the public for in-person service except by appointment only
- Still processing permits and applications through APEX
- Currently, we are asking for customers to only submit electronically
- Customer assistance is still available by email Permit.Center@alexandriava.gov or by calling 703.746.4200
Plan Review Services
- We are continuing to perform plan reviews as scheduled
- Team Plan Reviews are no longer performed in-person, but are now performed fully electronically
New Construction Inspections
- In-person residential inspections for occupied dwellings (single-family and multi-family) are suspended, however these are still being performed virtually by video call.
- All other inspections are still taking place as scheduled with inspectors maintaining social distancing. Inspectors are instructed to leave the area if they do not feel the area is safe. Those inspections will be rescheduled when the area is safe to enter.
Property Maintenance Inspections
- Residential rental inspections and interior, complaint-based investigations in occupied dwellings have been suspended, however some complaint inspections can still be performed by video call
- Proactive Exterior inspections will be performed to ensure sanitary trash disposal, timely trash service and rodent control surveys will continue
- Staff will continue to service overgrown grass and weeds complaints over 12” on private properties, with extended compliance periods for abatement.
investigations of occupied structures will continue with some interior
inspection access modifications. Video and photo submissions of unsafe
conditions are encouraged.
Permit Center Hours of Operation
- Closes at 2 p.m. on the first Monday of every month.
- Open regularly Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. (except City Holidays)
Same Day Service Ends at 4:15 p.m.
Please be sure to have all plans and applications submitted prior to 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday for same day services.