The Planning Commission is a seven-member decision-making body appointed by City Council and makes recommendations to Council regarding special use permits, development special use permits, requests for vacations of or encroachments on public right-of-ways, rezonings, master plan amendments, zoning text amendments and other requests. The Planning Commission has the authority to approve or deny requests for subdivision of land or development site plans.
Page updated on July 7, 2023 at 4:40 PM
WARNING: You have chosen to translate this page using an automated translation system. This translation has not been reviewed by the City of Alexandria and may contain errors.
Planning Commission Annual Report
This report provides information on activities from July 202 - June 2021.
FY 2021 Report
Planning Commission Dockets
Watch upcoming and archived Planning Commission meetings.
Dockets and Webcasts
Planning Commission Meetings and Information
The Alexandria Planning Commission meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month (except August) at 7:00 p.m. in Alexandria's City Hall, Council Chambers.
Planning Commission Members
- Nathan Macek, Chair -Term: Feb. 9, 2021 - Feb 9, 2025
- Melissa McMahon, Vice Chair - Term: Jun. 10, 2020 - Jun. 10, 2024
- David Brown, Commissioner - Term: Jan. 10, 2023 - Jan. 31, 2027
- Melinda Lyle, Commissioner - Term: Feb. 9, 2021 - Feb. 9, 2025
- Stephen Koenig, Commissioner - Term: Jan. 10, 2023 - Jan. 31, 2027
- Vivian Ramirez, Commissioner - Term: Sep. 8, 2020 - Sep. 8, 2024
- Jody Manor, Commissioner - Term: Sept. 14, 2021 - Sept. 14, 2025
Contact the Boards and Commissions Unit in the Department of Planning and Zoning, 703.746.4666.