Admission at Gadsby's Tavern Museum
Experience the c. 1785 tavern and 1792 City Tavern Independently at your own pace.
Regular admission can only be purchased in-person at the Museum at the time of your visit.
- Adults: $5
- Children (ages 5 -12): $3
- Children four and under are free with a paying adult.
A $1 discounts on regular admission is available to AAA Members and visitors who have dined at Gadsby's Tavern Restaurant.
Free admission for:
- City of Alexandria residents.
- Alexandria City Employees.
- Active duty military personnel and their families.
- American Alliance of Museum members (AAM) and Virginia Association of Museums Members (VAM).
- Members of the Gadsby's Tavern Museum Society and HHMC member organizations.
Keys to the City is Alexandria’s premier attraction pass. For only $20 (a $60+ value!), the pass includes:
- Access to 9 historic sites, including Gadsby’s Tavern Museum.
- 10% off in museum stores at 11 sites.
- Discounts for local attractions, including George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
This pass is available for purchase at Gadsby’s Tavern Museum and includes admission to the Museum.
Guided Tour Admission
Explore life in the new Republic and learn more about the many people of the tavern with an expert guide.
45-minute tours are offered daily at 1:15, 2:15, and 3: 15 p.m. Recommended for ages 8 and older. Purchase tickets in advance to guarantee your space!
- $8 per person ages 5 and up.
- Children 4 and under are free with paying adult.
- Guests with Keys to the City can upgrade to a guided tour for $3 if space is available. This can only be purchased in-person at the Museum.
- City of Alexandria residents, Veterans, and Blue Star Families can call the Museum at 703.746.4242 to reserve a tour space for free.
For ticket-holders, save paper and don’t print your tickets. Staff have your name on a roster for check-in. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to the tour beginning. If running late, call the Museum at 703.746.4242. or your reservation will be forfeited 5 minutes after the tour has begun and no refunds will be issued. You will have the option of going through the museum on your own if you arrive after your tour time.
Groups can visit Gadsby’s Tavern Museum at a discounted rate.
Groups of 8 or more should arrange their visit at least two weeks in advance by contacting the Program Coordinator through Alex311. The Program Coordinator can arrange visits to other Alexandria museums during the group’s visit if interested. Group visits require a final headcount and payment in full at least one week prior to their scheduled visit. If coming by motorcoach, groups are responsible for reserving motorcoach parking in accordance with City regulations.
Group options include
Guided Group Tours
- $6 per person
- Minimum charge of $100 for visits booked outside regular Museum hours.
- Additional $50 flat rate for costumed guides (based on availability)
- Maximum group size of 45 per hour, divided into groups of no more than 15 people each
Private Open House
- No maximum group size
- Includes at least two guides stationed throughout the Museum
- Pricing varies based on length of time:
- $450 for 2 hours
- $350 for 1.5 hours
- $250 for 1 hour
- Ideal for larger groups and groups booking a cocktail party in Gadsby’s Tavern Restaurant or courtyard. Please note drinks may only be consumed in the courtyard or restaurant.
Standing Cocktail Reception in the Museum’s Historic Ballroom
- Maximum of 100 people
- $1,000 for up to 3 hours
- Please note the group is responsible for arranging all food, beverages, etc. and following rental guidelines.