The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities promotes clubs in the City of Alexandria and sponsors various clubs according to departmental guidelines. Sponsored clubs provide an accepted recreation/leisure type of wholesome activity.
Page updated on September 19, 2022 at 6:23 PM
WARNING: You have chosen to translate this page using an automated translation system. This translation has not been reviewed by the City of Alexandria and may contain errors.
Recreation Program Types
Sponsored clubs provide an accepted recreation/leisure type of wholesome activity. Currently, the following clubs are under our sponsorship:
- Alexandria Coin Club
Meets on the third Wednesday of each month from 7-10 pm at the Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson Street. Call 703.491.0336 for more information.
- Olde Town Fencing Club
Meets Wednesdays 7-9pm at Patrick Henry Recreation Center, 4653 Taney Avenue.
- MYO SIM Kendo/Karate Club (currently on hold)
Japanese Kendo (fencing) and Iai (sword drawing) classes. New members welcome. The club meets every Monday from 7:30-9:30 pm at the Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson Street. For additional information call 301.262.5266 after 6 pm.
- The Seaport Side Chorus, Alexandria Chapter of the Sweet Adelines International
Meets each Wednesday night at 7pm at Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson St. For more information call 703.780.3580.
For more information or any group interested in sponsorship by the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities, please call 703.746.5414.
Birthday Party Packages
- Pool Party
- Includes one hour of swimming and two hour use of a party room.
- $149 for ages 6 and up with adults, max 19 people total (resident rate).
- For information and to make a reservation, call Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility at 703.746.5553.
- Soft Play Party
- Includes one hour use of the soft play room and two hour use of a party room. $149 for ages 0-5 with adults, max 16 people total (resident rate).
- Charles Houston Recreation Center: Call 703.746.5552 to reserve.
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility: Call 703.746.5553 to reserve.
- Nature Friends Party
- 2-hour party featuring live animals, a nature-oriented activity and a party room.
- $225 per 14 children ages 4-12. Max 12. (resident rate) Additional $10 per child up to 20 total.
- For information and to make a reservation, call Jerome "Buddie" Ford Nature Center at 703.746.5525.
- Wow! What A Party!
- Includes choice of themes, decorations, activities, two hour use of a party room and a party coordinator.
- $370. Max 35. (resident rate) Call 703.746.5552 to reserve.
- For information and to make a reservation, call Charles Houston Recreation Center at 703.746.5552.
Please note: All rentals require 4 weeks notice, any necessary permitting and receipt of payment to confirm reservation.
Recreation Center Advisory Councils
Help Shape the Future of Recreation in Your Neighborhood
- Charles Barrett Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5551 for information.
- Charles Houston Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5552 for information.
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility
Call 703.746.5493 for information.
- Leonard "Chick" Armstrong Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5554 for information.
- Mount Vernon Recreation Center
- Nannie J. Lee Memorial Center
Call 703.746.5550 for information.
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5557 for information.
- William Ramsay Recreation Center
Call 703.746.5558 for information.
Registration & Reservation Office
For information, to register for a program, or to make a park, picnic or room reservation, contact the Registration & Reservation Office 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
By Phone: 703.746.5414
In Person: Visit Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson Street, Alexandria, VA 22314