Chinquapin Park Recreation Center and Aquatics Facility
Chinquapin Park Recreation Center and Aquatics Facility
FACILITY HOURS & ADDRESS
3210 King St | 703.746.5553
Center Director: Debbie Woodbury
Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m - 9 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Year-round 25 meter Indoor Pool & Diving Well, Outdoor Basketball Court, Locker Rooms, Nature Trails & Park, Lighted Tennis Courts, Party Packages, Aquatics, Sports & Fitness Classes, Soft Playroom, Men's & Women's Saunas, Fitness Room, Rentals, Playground, Racquetball Courts, Outdoor Picnic Pavilion, Sand Volleyball Court, Free WiFi
Chinquapin is a tree native to the area’s forests. The Chinquapin tree is a sub-species of the Chestnut family. It grows as a small tree or bush. Chinquapins are delicious eaten right out of the burr in the fall. Chinquapins have a single nut in the burr, unlike chestnuts that have nut divisions.
Pool: First-come first-served for drop-in availability. Tips for enjoying the swimming pool can be found on the Aquatics webpage.
Racquetball Courts: Drop-in racquetball play and advanced reservations are available. Reservations can be made at the Online Registration page - in the blue toolbar near the top of the page, select "Reservation,", then "Racquetball Court."
Fitness Room: First-come first-served for drop-in availability.
Soft Play Room: First-come first-served for drop-in availability at the top of the hour from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
Classes and Activities: Registration for a variety of programs can be found at the Registration Information page.
Daily Admission Fees
DAILY ADMISSION FEES
Includes use of pool, fitness room, locker room, sauna, and drop-in racquetball play.
- Child (0-4) $0 Resident / Nonresident $2
- Youth (5-17) $6 Resident / Nonresident $7
- Adult (18+) $9 Resident / Nonresident $12
- Senior (60+) $7.20 Resident / Nonresident $12
- Adult Chaperone with Youth (not participating) $1 Resident / Nonresident $4
Includes use of pool, fitness room, locker room, sauna, drop-in racquetball play, and certain drop-in fitness classes.
- Individual Fitness Pass - 25 Visits, valid for 12 months
- Youth (5-17) $130 Resident / $200 Nonresident
- Adult (18+) $160 Resident / $250 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) $128 Resident / $250 Nonresident
- 1-month Unlimited Fitness Pass
- Single $55 Resident / $100 Nonresident
- 2 Persons $95 Resident / $175 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) - Single $44 Resident / $100 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) - 2 Persons $76 Resident / $175 Nonresident
- 6-month Unlimited Fitness Pass
- Single $260 Resident / $500 Nonresident
- 2 Persons $450 Resident / $875 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) - Single $208 Resident / $500 Nonresident
- Senior (60+) - 2 Persons $360 Resident / $875 Nonresident
- Family (up to 4 Persons) $515 Resident / NA
- 12-month Unlimited Fitness Pass
- Single $465 Resident / $885 Nonresident
- 2 Persons $805 Resident / $1,454 Nonresident
- Senior - Single $372 Resident / $885 Nonresident
- Senior - 2 Persons $644 Resident / $1,454 Nonresident
- Family (up to 4 Persons) $909 / NA
FEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR CITY RESIDENTS
The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities encourages participation in City services from all City residents. If you, a member of your family, or a friend would like to purchase a Chinquapin pass and are in need of fee assistance in order to participate, please view the Financial Assistance Policy or contact the sponsoring program office for more detailed information. Financial Assistance Requests can be filled out at the pool or emailed to Chinquapin@alexandriava.gov. For fee assistance information, call 703.746.5414 or (TTY) 703.838.4902.
Please Note: All teenagers 13 through 17 years of age must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a paying adult (18+) unless their parent or guardian has completed a Teen Registration Form. All children 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a paying adult (18+). This includes adults being in direct line of sight of children/youth while they swim, either viewed from the pool deck or from the water. Children 5 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult (18+) in in the pool with them, and within arm's length at all times. All guests ages 13 and older are required to show a current photo ID card (school ID cards may be used). This policy is necessary to maintain safety and enjoyment at the City's swimming pools.
Party Packages & Rentals
Multipurpose rooms, racquetball courts, swimming pool lanes, and diving well are available for rental. Call 703.746.5553 or email Chinquapin@alexandriava.gov for additional information.
- Swim Party (ages 6 and up)
2-hour party includes: 1st hour of fun in pool. Total of 2 hours use of a party room. Includes setup of tables and chairs and cleaning by our friendly staff. Maximum 25 persons. Fee: $149 residents / $184 nonresidents
- Play Party (ages 5 and younger)
2 hour party includes: 1st hour of fun in the soft playroom or bounce inflatable. Total of 2 hours use of a party room. Includes setup of tables and chairs and cleaning by our friendly staff. Maximum 21 persons. Fee: $149 residents / $184 nonresidents.
- Mermaid Party (ages 6 and up) (not currently offered)
2 hour party, includes: mermaid training or merfolk performance, photography, and a special gift. Total of 2 hours use of pool and party room. Includes setup of tables and chairs and cleaning by our friendly staff. Maximum 25 persons. Fee: $395 residents / $430 nonresidents.
NOTE: Party packages and rentals are in high demand. Please schedule your reservation at least 4 weeks in advance for optimal availability.
Designed for children ages five and younger, the soft playroom offers a clean play environment to provide exercise for imaginations as well as bodies. Under guardian supervision, children can share play zones loaded with soft toys and activities with their families, playgroups or new friends.
For safe hygiene, children and guardians must wear socks in the soft playroom.
HOURS: 10 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. DAILY
Admission is at the top of the hour, every hour, for 30 minutes of play time. The soft playroom is disinfected hourly. It is recommended to call the Chinquapin Park Recreation Center & Aquatics Facility at 703.746.5553 to check availability prior to drop-in use during peak times (e.g. weekends, rainy days). The soft playroom schedule may be adjusted for cleaning, weekend parties, and private rentals.
Drop-In: $5 Resident / $7 Non-Resident per child, per half hour. First chaperone free; additional chaperones $1 Resident/$4 Nonresident.
Racquetball & Tennis Courts
Available during facility hours of operation. Call 703.746.5441 or visit the Online Registration page - in the blue toolbar near the top of the page, select "Reservation," then "Racquetball Court" to reserve.
Single Day-of Drop-in Racquetball Play: Daily Admission fees apply
- Included in Daily Admission (see above)
- Admission fee is per individual
Racquetball Court Rental: Residents $14 per hour / Nonresidents $27 per hour
- Can be made in advance
- Rental fee is for the group
- Available for racquetball, handball, wallyball, dodgeball, and other recreation activities
Racquetball Equipment Rental
Includes one carrying case, racquet, goggles, and balls. $3 per day.
Lighted tennis courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis unless reserved. Call 703.746.5414 for more information or to reserve.
Personal and Group Training
Ages 18 & up. Certified trainers design a 60-minute customized exercise program and provide guidance on proper form. To schedule an appointment, please register (Activity Keyword Search: "training").
Individual Sessions: $199 for 4 or $59 per session.
- Dynamic Duo: $99/person for 4 or $29/person per session.
- Triple Threat: $79/person for 4 or $25/person per session.
- Fantastic Four: $59/person for 4 or $19/person per session.
- Debbie Woodbury, Regional Program Director
- Ann Redfearn, Recreation Coordinator
- Lisa O'Neill, Aquatics Manager
- Trina Wood, Aquatics Coordinator
For inquiries, email Chinquapin@alexandriava.gov or call 703.746.5553.