Public Health Advisory Commission
The PHAC consists of 16 members, including three citizen members who are health professionals, five citizen members who are non-health professionals, one physician practicing in the City, one dentist practicing in the City, one representative from the Alexandria Community Services Board, one representative from the Inova Alexandria Hospital, one representative from the Neighborhood Health Board of Directors, one representative from the City's Fire Department, one representative from the Alexandria City School Board and one representative from the Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria Steering Committee. The Commission is supported by the Alexandria Health Department.
List of Members
- Jerome Cordts (Chair), Non-Health Professional
- Lisa Chimento (Vice-Chair), Neighborhood Health Board Representative
- Patricia Rodgers, Health Professional Citizen Member
- Andrew Romero, Non-Health Professional
- Melissa Riddy, INOVA Alexandria Hospital Representative
- Jessica Hill, Practicing Dentist Representative
- Michael C. Trahos, MD, Practicing Physician Representative
- Richard Merritt, Non-Health Professional
- Jeanann Mayhan, Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria Steering Committee Representative
- Sylvia Jones, Health Professional Citizen Member
- Anita McClendon, Non-Health Professional
- Robin Wallin, Alexandria City Public Schools Representative
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Commission, visit alexandriava.gov/Boards for more information.
Copies of meeting minutes and agendas are available for review at 4850 Mark Center Drive. Call 703.746.4956 to request more information.
2023 Announcements, Agendas, and Minutes
April 17,2023 - Regular Meeting- Held Hybrid at 4850 Mark Center Drive, Alexandria, VA 22311 3rd floor.
July 20, 2023 Regular meeting- Held Hybrid at 4850 Mark Center Drive Alexandria, VA 22311 3rd Floor. Meeting Recording
August 17, 2023 Regular meeting- Held Hybrid at 4850 Mark Center Drive Alexandria, VA 22311 3rd Floor.
October 16, 2023 - Hybrid via Zoom and 4850 Mark Center Drive 3rd Floor.
November 14, 2023 - No Regular Meeting- Flora K. Casey Award Ceremony- City Hall 301 King Street
December 14, 2023 - Regular Meeting- VIRTUAL Meeting ONLY Meeting Registration
Flora K. Casey Public Health Award
Staff Liaison Contact
Casey Colzani, Alexandria Health Department, 703.746.4956, firstname.lastname@example.org