Welcome to the Office of Housing!
We provide a range of services to homeowners, renters, homebuyers, landlords and property managers and collaborate with development partners to preserve and create affordable and accessible housing options across the City of Alexandria. Please download our housing resource guide in English, Spanish, Amharic, or Arabic, visit our resource links, and check out what's new! For information about public housing and the Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher Program, please contact the Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
A portion of the City's housing activities are funded through annual grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's CDBG and HOME programs (check out our video!). The Office of Housing also works with programs funded and/or administered by the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development and the Virginia Housing Development Authority.
- Public Housing Waiting List for Elderly/Disabled Applicants Open March 15-19
- 2018 Northern Virginia Housing Expo
- Apartment Manager Seminar Scheduled for April 11
- Office of Housing Kicks Off Third Annual Fair Housing Poster Contest
- Resolution 830 Working Group - Positioning Publicly-Assisted Housing for the Future
- Carpenter's Shelter Project Awarded $1.6 Million from Virginia DHCD
+ much more!
How to Get Involved and Stay Informed!
The Office of Housing is organized into three divisions. Click here to learn more.