Alexandria Health Department (AHD) uses epidemiologists to:
- investigate communicable diseases reported by healthcare providers, labs, and schools
- offer guidance to residents, schools, long-term care facilities, and others to prevent and control the spread of disease
- monitor trends and analyzes data to guide program and policy development.
Need AHD's latest report to clinicians or information on mandatory disease reporting? Visit our Information for Healthcare Providers page.
- HIV / AIDS
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
- Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV, COVID-19)
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Zika Virus
Visit www.alexandriava.gov/11622 for information on hazard substances like lead or radon.
Publications & Reports
Learn about health trends in your area. Our publications and reports monitor regional trends and analyze local data. We offer this information to the public to guide program and policy development. Publications and reports are compiled by our epidemiologists, who investigate communicable diseases reported by healthcare providers, labs, and schools.