Planning and Zoning Applications, Forms, Fees and Schedules
In addition to hearing schedules, deadlines and fee information, the documents found below are either required documents, checklists or instructions for submitting an application to the Department of Planning and Zoning. Most applications can be submitted online through APEX, the permitting and land use management system.
Page updated on May 24, 2023 at 1:52 PM
WARNING: You have chosen to translate this page using an automated translation system. This translation has not been reviewed by the City of Alexandria and may contain errors.
Alexandria's Permitting & Land Use System
APEX, the City's permitting and land use application system, makes it easier for customers to apply and obtain permits and approvals electronically. Visit Permits & Land Use Applications for detailed information and instructions.
Required documents, checklists or other pertinent information for submitting applications to Planning and Zoning
Schedules, Fees and Deadlines
- Fee Schedule - Effective July 1, 2022
- 2023-2024 Planning Commission Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines for Non-Development Cases
- 2023-2024 Planning Commission Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines for Development Cases
- 2023 Board of Architectural review Hearing Schedule, Filing Deadlines (Old Historic Alexandria District; Parker-Gray District)
- 2023 Board of Zoning Appeals Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines
- All permit applications can now be found in APEX except for the following:
- Affidavit - Statement of Zoning Violation
- Antenna - Administrative Approval Request
- Notice Requirements and Documents
- Notice Requirements (Planning Commission and City Council)
- Notice Requirements (Planning Commission Only)
- Certification of Notice - Planning Commission, City Council, Board of Zoning Appeals
- Notice Form Letter - Planning Commission and City Council
- Notice Form Letter - Planning Commission Only
- Notice Form Letter - Board of Zoning Appeals
- Ownership and Disclosure Statement
- Small Cell Facilities Application
Interested in speaking at a Planning Commission Public Hearing?
Contact the Boards and Commissions Unit in the Department of Planning and Zoning, 703.746.4666.