At the end of August, the City is switching to the ParkMobile app for customers to pay by phone for metered parking. The same system is used in the District of Columbia, Arlington County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County. Customers are encouraged to download the app now and set up an account so they are ready to park when the new app goes live in Alexandria and signs are posted. The app provided by the City's current pay-by-phone vendor, Pango, will no longer be available in Alexandria after August 31.
Park with Pango
The City's current pay by phone for metered parking provider is Pango. To pay with Pango, download the app at:
Once the app is downloaded, customers can set up an account, including payment and vehicles details. When parking at a meter look for the 5-digit Pango zone number on the blue Parking signs or on the meter. Enter this number into the app and select start to begin a parking session. Once you have finished parking, don't forget to stop your parking session. Parking sessions can also be started and stopped by calling 1.855.547.2646.
How to Park with ParkMobile
Ready to park with the ParkMobile app once it's live in Alexandria? Just follow these simple steps to get started.
Step 1: Download the App
Step 2: Create an account and enter payment and vehicle details
- Up to 5 vehicles can be added to an account.
- Customers can choose to set up ParkMobile Wallet for lower convenience fees.
Step 3: Look for the ParkMobile signage at the meter and enter the zone number in the app
- Several signs will be posted on each block with zone information. Look for zone information on sign posts and on the meter.
- In Alexandria, zones are 5 digit and all start with "44".
Step 4: Choose how long to park and select "Start Parking"
- You can quickly choose maximum parking for the location or tailor the parking time to your specific needs.
Note: Standard meter rates apply and there is a 45 cent convenience fee for each parking session.
Useful ParkMobile Features
Check out these ParkMobile features to help make parking easier:
- When entering a zone, you can choose from nearby zones or zones recently used to save time. Or if you frequently park in the same block, create a favorite zone to speed up the process.
- If you finish parking sooner than you think, stop your parking session to only pay for the time you parked.
- Customize notifications about how much time is left in your parking session to get as many or as few notifications as you need.
- Use the ParkMobile app at available off-street garages as identified in the app.