Traffic and Parking Board Sub-Committee on Taxicab Regulations
October 23, 2023
- Kick-off Meeting for Traffic and Parking Board Sub-Committee on Taxicab Regulations
- The in-person meeting will start at 5:30pm in the City Council Workroom located on the second floor in City Hall
November 27, 2023
- Second Meeting for Traffic and Parking Board Sub-Committee on Taxicab Regulations
- The in-person meeting will start at 5:30pm in the Sister Cities Conference Room 1101 located on the first floor in City Hall
Recent Code Changes
The City Council approved changes to the City Code related to Taxi regulations and rates at their meeting on February 25,2023. Specific changes included:
- Increasing the age requirement for vehicles to 15 years (17 years for hybrid vehicles)
- Increasing the initial meter charge by $1.00
Reports and biennial taxi reviews
Every two years, as required by City code, Staff conduct a review of the taxi industry, including the adequacy of service and the economic conditions for taxi companies and drivers.
- 2022 Biennial Review
- 2020 Biennial Review
- 2018 Biennial Review
- Alexandria Taxi Regulation Efficiency Analysis
The introduction of rideshare services has impacted the taxi industry in Alexandria. This analysis examines how the City could regulate taxis more efficiently, in order to reduce the costs it imposes on taxi companies and drivers, and to increase regulatory parity with rideshare services.
Taxicab companies operating within the City of Alexandria
Please contact the Hack Office at 703.746.4444 for questions and concerns about taxicabs in Alexandria.