What's New - Summer 2021
The final draft of the Alexandria Mobility Plan is now available!
For an overview of the plan, please see the updated Executive Summary . You can also view a 2-minute video. Highlights of changes from the March draft are included in this brief presentation. A full list of plan documents are available below.
Presentations seeking endorsement of the final draft will be held at boards and commissions through September. Public hearings will be held at a joint
Alexandria Mobility Plan Advisory Committee/Transportation Commission meeting on September 29, Planning Commission on October 5, and at Council on October 16. Meeting details are available at
Final Draft Plan for Consideration by Planning Commission and Council (August 2021)
Executive Summary (accessible version)
Alexandria Mobility Plan (full document without appendices)
Transit Network Maps (Alexandria Transit Vision Plan Peak and Mid-Day 2030 Network and existing and planned transitway corridors)
Pedestrian Sidewalk Gaps (from 2016 Chapter)
Bicycle Network (from 2016 Chapter)
March Draft Feedback Form Findings (May 2021)
Alexandria Mobility Plan Advisory Committee Presentation - Engagement Summary (May 26)
March 31, 2021 Draft Alexandria Mobility Plan Materials
- Executive Summary ( English) ( Spanish)
- Draft Alexandria Mobility Plan
- 10-Minute Overview Video Presentation and Slides
- Flyers ( English) ( Spanish)
October 15, 2020 Draft Strategies Town Hall Meeting Materials
- Summary of Strategies: All
- Summary of Strategies: Transit
- Summary of Strategies: Smart Mobility
- Summary of Strategies: Streets
- Summary of Strategies: Supporting Travel Options
- Summary of Strategies: Curb Space and Parking
- Town Hall Presentation and Q/A Session
Strategy Development – Focus Group Materials (Winter 2020)
- Overview Presentation - Focus Group
- Draft Vision and Guiding Principles
- Parking and Curbside Management - Example Strategies
- Public Transit - Example Strategies
- Mobility Options - Example Strategies
- Streets - Example Strategies
Innovation Forum Materials (Fall 2019)
- Welcome Board
- Project Overview
- Technology and Transportation
- Demographic Trends
- Innovation Forum Presentation Slides
- Fall 2020 Draft Strategies Feedback
- Winter 2020 Focus Group Feedback
- Fall 2019 Pyramid Activity Findings
- Summer 2019 Vision Feedback Form Results
The Future of Mobility in Alexandria
Since the Transportation Master Plan was adopted in 2008, technology has transformed how we use our streets and curbs. Smart phones had not yet saturated the market. TNC’s like Uber and Lyft had not yet provided a means to connect drivers with travelers. The first bikeshare had only begun in DC with 10 stations and dockless bikes, e-bikes, or scooters still in the distant future. The future of mobility remains even more uncertain with autonomous vehicles on the horizon and technology that helps improve planning and management of our transportation network.
It is in this context that Alexandria has begun the process of updating the 2008 Transportation Master Plan. The updated plan will be called the Alexandria Mobility Plan (AMP) to emphasize the importance of moving people and goods throughout the City. Going forward, the City will update the AMP every five to eight years.
This update to the Master Plan will ensure that transportation planning in the City continues to serve the needs of residents, businesses, and visitors throughout the City as the region grows and as new technology changes the way we think about transportation and mobility.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up for transportation related eNews to ensure that you are receiving updates about engagement opportunities.
Meeting information and materials for the Alexandria Mobility Plan Advisory Committee, can be found on the Committee's webpage.