What's New - Spring 2021
The draft Alexandria Mobility Plan is now available! The feedback form is now closed. Check back soon for a summary of feedback received.
For an overview of the plan, you may review the Executive Summary, 10-minute overview video, or presentation slides.. A full list of documents, including those available in Spanish, are available below.
All feedback received during the public comment period will be presented to the Alexandria Mobility Plan Advisory Committee on May 26 to help determine how to incorporate feedback into the Final Plan. The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on the Final Plan before it goes to Council for adoption in the late summer/early fall. Stay tuned for more information about these future meetings.
The Future of Mobility in Alexandria
Since the Transportation Master Plan was adopted in 2008, technology has transformed how we use our streets and curbs. Smart phones had not yet saturated the market. TNC’s like Uber and Lyft had not yet provided a means to connect drivers with travelers. The first bikeshare had only begun in DC with 10 stations and dockless bikes, e-bikes, or scooters still in the distant future. The future of mobility remains even more uncertain with autonomous vehicles on the horizon and technology that helps improve planning and management of our transportation network.
It is in this context that Alexandria has begun the process of updating the 2008 Transportation Master Plan. The updated plan will be called the Alexandria Mobility Plan (AMP) to emphasize the importance of moving people and goods throughout the City. Going forward, the City will update the AMP every five to eight years.
This update to the Master Plan will ensure that transportation planning in the City continues to serve the needs of residents, businesses, and visitors throughout the City as the region grows and as new technology changes the way we think about transportation and mobility.
- Take the brief Feedback Form on the draft Plan - Provide your input now through May 2! (available in English and Spanish)
- Contact email@example.com.
- Sign up for transportation related eNews to ensure that you are receiving updates about engagement opportunities.
March 31, 2021 Draft Alexandria Mobility Plan Materials
- Executive Summary (English) (Spanish)
- Draft Alexandria Mobility Plan
- 10-Minute Overview Video Presentation and Slides
- Flyers (English) (Spanish)
- Feedback Form - Provide your input now through April 30! (available in English and Spanish)
October 15, 2020 Draft Strategies Town Hall Meeting Materials
- Summary of Strategies: All
- Summary of Strategies: Transit
- Summary of Strategies: Smart Mobility
- Summary of Strategies: Streets
- Summary of Strategies: Supporting Travel Options
- Summary of Strategies: Curb Space and Parking
- Town Hall Presentation and Q/A Session
Strategy Development – Focus Group Materials (Winter 2020)
- Overview Presentation - Focus Group
- Draft Vision and Guiding Principles
- Parking and Curbside Management - Example Strategies
- Public Transit - Example Strategies
- Mobility Options - Example Strategies
- Streets - Example Strategies
Innovation Forum Materials (Fall 2019)
- Welcome Board
- Project Overview
- Technology and Transportation
- Demographic Trends
- Innovation Forum Presentation Slides
- Fall 2020 Draft Strategies Feedback
- Winter 2020 Focus Group Feedback
- Fall 2019 Pyramid Activity Findings
- Summer 2019 Vision Feedback Form Results
Meeting information and materials for the Alexandria Mobility Plan Advisory Committee, can be found on the Committee's webpage.