- FY 2018 City Master Plan Status of Implementation Report
- Fayette Streetscape Project Implementation
Braddock Implementation Advisory Group and Community Meeting Materials
Braddock Interim Open Space and Proposed 1-Acre Park
- Visit this page for information about the planning process for the Braddock Interim Open Space and proposed 1-acre park.
- The Braddock Metro Neighborhood Plan (BMNP) was adopted by City Council in April 2008.
- The Braddock East Master Plan, adopted by City Council in October 2008, expands upon the fifth guiding principle of the BMNP - to promote mixed income communities through the redevelopment of the existing public housing sites within the Braddock East planning area.
- On February 2, 2009, City Council established the Braddock Metro Neighborhood Plan Implementation Advisory Group (BIAG) to assist City staff in implementing the recommendations of both the Braddock Metro Neighborhood and Braddock East plans.
- On June 9, 2009, City Council adopted the establishment of the Braddock Open Space and the Braddock Community Amenities Fund Accounts and approved a formula for developer contributions. A link to City Council's action docket is available here.
- Braddock Implementation Advisory Group Membership Changes
- On November 11, 2014, the City Council approved a recommendation to alter the membership of the Braddock IAG to include representation from a newly formed civic association - Braddock Metro Citizens' Coalition (BMCC). The expanded roster provides the group with two representatives. The BMCC will select its representatives to the Braddock IAG.
- During the April 14, 2016 BIAG meeting, members unanimously agreed to revise their At-Large vacancy appointment process adopted by the group in 2012. The previous process included a step wherein members of the BIAG review and provide comments on applicants. The new
appointment process follows a more typical City process, omitting the BIAG review.
Resources and Documents
- Braddock Metrorail Station Pedestrian Tunnel/Bridge Feasibility Study (September 2019)
- Braddock Funds Update (January 2019)
- ARHA Redevelopment Projects and Work Group
- Braddock IAG Replacement Process (April 2016)
- Braddock Road Metrorail Station Joint Development Analysis (March 2016)
- City of Alexandria Partners with Alexandria Redevelopment and Housing Authority: Planning for Alexandria’s Future Housing Needs (RFP #14-02)
- Resolution 2650 - Reconfigure BIAG (November 2014)
- Memo to City Council - BMNP Park Update (August 2012)
- Establishment of Braddock Fund Accounts (June 2009)
- Resolution 2319 - Establish Braddock Implementation Advisory Group (February 2009)
- Braddock East Master Plan (October 2008)
- Braddock Metro Neighborhood Plan (March 2008) | BMNP Errata Sheet - March 29, 2008
- Fayette Streetscape - Contact Daphne Kott, Department of Project Implementation, 703.746.4055
- Development projects - Contact Femi Adelakun, Department of Planning and Zoning, 703.746.3856
- All other questions may be directed to Katherine Carraway, Department of Planning and Zoning, 703.746.3855