Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG)
PYMIG Meeting Schedule
PYMIG meetings take place on the fourth Monday of the month from 7:00 - 9:00 PM, unless otherwise indicated above and on the City Calendar. Meetings are open to all members of the public interested in the Potomac Yard Metrorail Station project.
UPCOMING MEETINGS AND VIDEO UPDATES
- June 27, 2022 - Format TBD
- July 2022 - Summer Hiatus
- August 22, 2022 - Hybrid Meeting (In-person and virtual participation options available)
About the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group (PYMIG)
In September 2015, City Council revised PYMIG's responsibilities and composition to enable PYMIG to function as a forum for the public outreach process through station opening and allow the group to consider the variety of issues that will arise as the project moves into design and construction.
Department of Project Implementation and Department of Transportation and Environmental Services staff serve as the primary liaisons to PYMIG, with support from other departments and consultants when needed. The staff of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) also assist. The Work Group meets regularly to discuss issues related to the Metrorail station.
- Review and provide input on Environmental Impact Statement documents;
- Provide input on project design;
- Receive updates on funding issues related to the new Metrorail station; and,
- Facilitate discussion of construction mitigation for community impacts during construction.
- Mayor Justin Wilson, City Council
- Councilmember Canek Aguirre, City Council
- Vacant, Environmental Policy Commission
- Stephen Beggs, Park and Recreation Commission
- Stephen Koenig, Planning Commission
- Bruce Marsh, Transportation Commission
- Kerry Donley, Community At-Large
- Ephorm Freeman III, Community At-Large
- David Dunn, Community - East of CSX
- Tanya Culbert, Community - West of CSX
- Vacant, Business At-Large
- Vacant, Potomac Yard Civic Association (Acting)
- David Weitzel, Old Town Greens Townhomes / Condominiums
- Steve Crime, Potomac Greens Homeowners Association